Final Issue of Book Marketing Tips
Note: You have voted with your feet. This is the final issue of my Book Marketing Tip of the Month. Thank you for your support since 2007. I will continue to send announcements of interest, such as where I’ll be speaking and people who want to offer you things of value, but for more of my book marketing wisdom, I suggest purchasing a copy of my award-winning seventh book, Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers.
The recent launch of Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green was my second time mounting a campaign to get online sales in a concentrated timeframe; I also did this in 2003, with the release of Principled Profit. And much has changed in seven years… Click here to continue reading.
All Pre-March Clean and Green Memberships Extended
Note: Because February presented some logistical challenges in getting the Club rolling, if you joined the Clean and Green Club in January or February either as a paying member or for the two-month no-cost trial, we are counting your membership as starting from March 1; trial memberships will run through March and April.
There are now well more than one million exact-match hits on Google for “Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green”–wow! I don’t think I’ve ever been involved with something that had this much buzz.
This book is going to make some serious waves. It’s a completely different approach to the business mindset, based in ethics, cooperation, and environmental principles, and it’s generating some significant buzz. Reporters who’ve been interviewing me have been asking a lot deeper questions than I’m accustomed to getting–which is great.
Grab your copy and run your business according to its principles. You may find you suddenly have a significant competitive edge, and that it’s easier to be profitable even during a downturn.
Three formats available: paperback, Kindle, and traditional e-book. However you buy it, be sure to visit http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com/bonuses to claim the $2600 worth of bonuses (that’s about 120 times the price of the book!).
For paperback, your choice of five bookseller links from the bottom of the home page and several other pages at http://guerrillamarketinggoesgreen.com
For e-books for B&N Nook, Blackberry, iPhone, iPhone Touch, PC and MAC:
Please sign up for my new Facebook Fan Page, Green and Ethical Marketing with Shel Horowitz, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-and-Ethical-Marketing-with-Shel-Horowitz/203659771513?ref=mf – for links, discussions, and other goodies related to Green and ethical marketing.
Hear and Meet Shel
* April 15, 9 pm ET/6 pm PT: Tweleseminar, “Communicate the Value in Your Values.” Justin Sachs, justin (at) justinsachscompanies.com
* April 24, I’ll be exhibiting at the Sustainability Expo in downtown Amherst, MA: CiccarelloS (at) amherstma.gov
* April 25, I’ll be speaking on collaborating with a co-author at the American Society of Journalists and Authors conference in New York. http://asja.org/wc/2010/
* April 29, 3 pm ET/noon PT, I’ll be presenting on Grassroots Book Marketing Strategies for Stephanie Chandler’s virtual Nonfiction Book Writers Conference: Contact janica (at) authoritypublishing.com
* May 8, I’ll be speaking once again on book marketing at CAPA University in Hartford, CT: http://www.aboutcapa.com/capa_university_writers_conferen.htm
* It looks pretty likely that I’ll be speaking on Green Marketing at SolarFest, sometime the weekend of July 16-18, in Tinmouth, Vermont. This is a wonderful event; I attended several years ago, and you can read about it here: http://www.frugalfun.com/solarfest.html
* October 12 at 7pm ET/4 pm PT: My third annual presentation to the MUSE Online Writers Conference. This time, Selling a Self-Published Book to a Traditional Publisher
Friends Who Want to Help You
* I’ve listened to several calls with Jack Zufelt over the years, and read a number of his newsletters. He’s smart, aggressive, and not afraid to be direct. $1 gets you a trial of his DNA of Success membership program – read all the details at http://bit.ly/b0C7Cg (affiliate link)
* If you’re a freelancer, consultant or solo professional in any field, I have a book recommendation for you. My friend Ed Gandia and two co-authors just released The Wealthy Freelancer: 12 Secrets to a Great Income and an Enviable Lifestyle (Penguin/Alpha). This book is brimming with practical, proven strategies the authors have used to consistently attract great clients, earn high incomes and enjoy a flexible lifestyle. And if you pick up a copy by midnight this Friday, you’ll get up to $321 in extra goodies. To learn more, visit http://www.TheWealthyFreelancer.com/amazon
* There’s no better way to get traditional press (a/k/a mainstream media) covering you than to answer inquiries from reporters looking for sources. I’ve used this strategy to be cited multiple times in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur, even Woman’s Day (among many, many others). I subscribe to every service I know about that connects journalists and sources. My old friend Steve Harrison from Radio TV Interview Report has just launched a new one, with no charge for leads. http://bit.ly/bD6WzG (affiliate link). Given how much it costs to advertise in RTIR, this is a real bargain, at zero cost.
Subscribe, unsubscribe, back issues, etc.
Published monthly since July, 2009 by Shel Horowitz
16 Barstow Lane, Hadley, MA 01035 USA