–> A Life-Changing $11.95 Gift for the Entrepreneurs in Your Life
A one-time deep-discount (minimum 32 percent) offer from now through December 31 that WILL NOT be repeated, ever. And the more you buy, the bigger the discount, all the way down to 77 percent, in case quantities. Your perfect chance to snap up inexpensive but extremely valuable gifts for business owners, key staff, colleagues, and customers
This may be the perfect gift for the entrepreneurs and marketers in your life, especially those who’ve been hit hard by the recession. Imagine a roadmap to business success that shows how to… (click here to continue reading)
–> Very Important: The Sustainability of My Newsletters—Please Read
Don’t panic—I’m not getting rid of the newsletters. But I *am* changing the business model. Please read on for the reasons why, the important details of what happens next, and how you can participate most effectively for your own needs.
(click here to continue reading)
–> Positive Power Spotlight: Neighborhood Fruit/RideBuzz
As a long time “Green evangelist,” I’ve always been a big fan of clearinghouses that reduce waste and let people share resources. It’s better for the planet, better for the pocketbook, and better for building community. This month, I’m going to share two such initiatives from opposite ends of the country. (click here to continue reading)
–> Another Recommended Book: Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
Of the dozen or so books I’ve read on Internet-based communities (and their application for marketing), Trust Agents stands head-and-shoulders above the rest. Normally when I review a book, I take a page of notes, maybe two. In the smallest handwriting I can still read, I had more than half a page by the time I got to the end of Chapter 1! By the time I was done, I had four full pages. (click here to continue reading)
- If you’re a consultant or business coach or you’ve had a desire to become one, then you’ll be excited to know that tomorrow, David Frey and Elsom Eldridge are kicking off the week-long no-cost Consulting Masters Telesummit. It starts on Monday, November 16th. The interview that I contributed to this event describes how to get raving testimonials for your consulting business even if you’re just starting out.
- Environmental journalist Diane Tegarden interviews me December 8, 1 pm ET/10 a.m. ET, for her monthly 30-minute Renewable Energy Radio Show (I imagine we’ll be talking both about Painless Green on the consumer side and Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green on the business side). Listen in: 712-338-8710, PIN number 618#
- March 24, I’m doing a teleseminar for Stacy Karacostas: stacy (at) success-stream.com
- April 25, I’ll be speaking on collaborating with a co-author at the American Society of Journalists and Authors conference in New York. http://asja.org/wc/2010/
- Who would have thunk it? The brilliant and quirky New Zealand marketer Sean D’Souza of Psychotactics is *giving away* one of his $2500 courses! I’ve signed up for this one myself, and the link I’m giving you is not an affiliate link. I’ve learned considerably more from Sean’s freebie newsletter over the years than I have from most of the hundreds of marketing books I’ve read. Go sign up at http://www.psychotactics.com/freezone before he closes this offer (the opt-in form is waaaay at the bottom).
- In Beyond the Crisis, Futurologist Adjiedj Bakas explains the natural flow of the economy with ups and downs. Researching economical, technological, cultural and spiritual trends all over the world, he envisions a way out of the current economic mess: “Boom after Doom,” yet a totally different kind of Boom than we used to know. He’s sold more than 500,000 copies of his books, in more than 40 countries, in several languages–and he not only appears frequently in major media, he’s also gotten endorsements from Stedman Graham, Rev. Jesse Jackson, and a number of other high-powered people. Lots and lots of bonuses (over $6000 worth) on this big launch.
- Liz Lynch has an EASY, fast and effective way to build your network… online and offline: http://SmartNetworkingNow.com For starters, she has 74 networking gifts for you in a special limited time gift basket, no purchase necessary. I’ve looked at her book and it’s solid, practical advice. Yes, you can find similar wisdom scattered around the Net, but it’s nice to get it all in one place.
- Kathleen Gage has another no-cost teleseminar for you, on November 19. Topic: Build A Sustainable Six Figure A Year Online BusIness http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com/Free6figure.htm
- Does “selling” feel like an icky, sticky, dirty word, to you? It does to a lot of people but without sales, your business will fail-leaving you feeling awful and depriving your prospects of a needed resource! Don’t let that happen to you! Listen to a replay call, “Stop Selling and Start Sharing: Learn How Your Marketing Can Be Authentic, Be Effective and Change the World!” Suzanne Evans, of Help More People, promises to “de-ick the sales conversation for you once and for all.” Visit this page to hear the replay. Since I write about similar ideas in my award-winning sixth book, Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First, I’ve very much looking forward to seeing what she has to say.
- One of the books I’ve been reading recently is Overcomers, Inc: a collection of experiences from *38* different authors on how they overcame adversity. Some of the stories are openly religious, others come from a completely different place. The launch promotion is already under way, and includes a bonus package from 95 different experts including Dr. Wayne Dyer, Janet Atwood, and Joe Nunziata. If you need a big dose of inspiration as the weather turns dreary, maybe this will be your personal cure for Seasonal Affective Disorder (joke). http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch
- If you’ve followed me for a long time, you know that participation in online discussion groups has been the single best marketing tool for going from a tiny shop with a small local clientele (branching out from writing resumes to doing press releases, book covers, web page copy, and the like) to being internationally known as a copywriter, book shepherd, marketing and publishing consultant, and speaker. Mohit Kumar has launched a new no-cost Internet portal, Tweble, that tracks over a million discussions online form around the world. What a cool concept! Great for tracking stories and trends you can comment on or need to know about. Oh yeah, and if you own a forum, there are some revenue-sharing possibilities in the future. If you get value out of places like Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon, check out http://tweble.com/
- I’ve long been a believer in the incredible positive benefits of being a “giver”; it’s something I’ve talked about in Principled Profit and elsewhere. So I was delighted to discover a book built entirely around this concept. The book, The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All reveals strategies and secrets of people who possess true wealth and happiness: making the world a better place, which has the side benefit of bringing a great deal back to you-but only if your giving stems from sincerity rather than selfishness. I was also quite impressed with the authors’ philosophy – and with their commitment to give away 100% of the royalties they receive. I’ve poked into several sections of the book and have found gems all the way through. http://powerofgiving.org/paperback
- A Search Tool That’s Better than Google? How about one that delivers your choice of results from Google, Yahoo, MSN, Yelp, Wikipedia and various other places-and displays results before you even click? Try it yourself on our search page – click where it says “Say Hello to Search 2.0?” and start typing your query.
- Sokule (pronounced so-cool) is a cool new Twitter-like social network offering some revenue possibilities.
- This is by far the cheapest program on how to become a #1 bestseller that I’ve ever seen. 9 audios, plus support materials and bonuses. I have not personally reviewed the material but I did look at the scope of what it covers, seems like a lot of good info. Again, I haven’t listened-just sharing the information. http://shelhorowitz.com/go/yourbestseller/
Some of the opportunities mentioned pay a commission to Shel. Shel maintains high quality standards for mention in this column, and has either personally vetted the product, experienced previous products of top quality from the provider, or mentions in the write-up that he hasn’t seen it. Many products get turned down if they don’t meet these criteria. If you’d like to know if a particular program is commissionable, you’re welcome to ask us.