-> A Life-Changing $11.95 Gift for the Entrepreneurs in Your Life
A one-time deep-discount (minimum 32 percent) offer from now through December 31 that WILL NOT be repeated, ever. And the more you buy, the bigger the discount, all the way down to 77 percent, in case quantities. Your perfect chance to snap up inexpensive but extremely valuable gifts for business owners, key staff, colleagues, and customers
This may be the perfect gift for the entrepreneurs and marketers in your life, especially those who’ve been hit hard by the recession. Imagine a roadmap to business success that shows how to…
Click here to continue reading
-> Very Important: The Sustainability of My Newsletters—Please Read
Don’t panic—I’m not getting rid of the newsletters. But I *am* changing the business model. Please read on for the reasons why, the important details of what happens next, and how you can participate most effectively for your own needs.
Click here to continue reading
-> Revisiting Postal Direct Mail, Part 2: Holding Down Costs: Frugal Marketing Tip, Nov. ‘09
Postal direct mail isn’t cheap, and if you only have a two percent response (considered pretty good, believe it or not), that means a mailing that costs you one dollar per envelope costs you fifty dollars per sale! A one percent response costs $100 per sale. Big ouch! Here are a few ideas to bring down the costs of those mailings…
Click here to continue reading
- Environmental journalist Diane Tegarden interviews me December 8, 1 pm ET/10 a.m. ET, for her monthly 30-minute Renewable Energy Radio Show (I imagine we’ll be talking both about Painless Green on the consumer side and Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green on the business side). Listen in: 712-338-8710, PIN number 618#
- March 24, I’m doing a teleseminar for Stacy Karacostas: stacy (at) success-stream.com
- April 25, I’ll be speaking on collaborating with a co-author at the American Society of Journalists and Authors conference in New York. http://asja.org/wc/2010/
- Who would have thunk it? The brilliant and quirky New Zealand marketer Sean D’Souza of Psychotactics is *giving away* one of his $2500 courses! I’ve signed up for this one myself, and the link I’m giving you is not an affiliate link. I’ve learned considerably more from Sean’s freebie newsletter over the years than I have from most of the hundreds of marketing books I’ve read. Go sign up at http://www.psychotactics.com/freezone before he closes this offer (the opt-in form is waaaay at the bottom).
- Does “selling” feel like an icky, sticky, dirty word, to you? It does to a lot of people but without sales, your business will fail-leaving you feeling awful and depriving your prospects of a needed resource! Don’t let that happen to you! At press time, I’m just about to listen to a live call, “Stop Selling and Start Sharing: Learn How Your Marketing Can Be Authentic, Be Effective and Change the World!” Suzanne Evans, of Help More People, promises to “de-ick the sales conversation for you once and for all.” Visit http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1076845 to hear the replay. Since I write about similar ideas in my award-winning sixth book, Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First, I’ve very much looking forward to seeing what she has to say.
- One of the books I’ve been reading recently is Overcomers, Inc: a collection of experiences from *38* different authors on how they overcame adversity. Some of the stories are openly religious, others come from a completely different place. The launch promotion is already under way, and includes a bonus package from 95 different experts including Dr. Wayne Dyer, Janet Atwood, and Joe Nunziata. If you need a big dose of inspiration as the weather turns dreary, maybe this will be your personal cure for Seasonal Affective Disorder (joke). http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch
- If you’ve followed me for a long time, you know that participation in online discussion groups has been the single best marketing tool for going from a tiny shop with a small local clientele (branching out from writing resumes to doing press releases, book covers, web page copy, and the like) to being internationally known as a copywriter, book shepherd, marketing and publishing consultant, and speaker. Mohit Kumar has launched a new no-cost Internet portal, Tweble, that tracks over a million discussions online form around the world. What a cool concept! Great for tracking stories and trends you can comment on or need to know about. Oh yeah, and if you own a forum, there are some revenue-sharing possibilities in the future. If you get value out of places like Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon, check out http://tweble.com/
- I’ve long been a believer in the incredible positive benefits of being a “giver”; it’s something I’ve talked about in Principled Profit and elsewhere. So I was delighted to discover a book built entirely around this concept. The book, The Power of Giving: How Giving Back Enriches Us All reveals strategies and secrets of people who possess true wealth and happiness: making the world a better place, which has the side benefit of bringing a great deal back to you-but only if your giving stems from sincerity rather than selfishness. I was also quite impressed with the authors’ philosophy – and with their commitment to give away 100% of the royalties they receive. I’ve poked into several sections of the book and have found gems all the way through. http://powerofgiving.org/paperback
- A Search Tool That’s Better than Google? How about one that delivers your choice of results from Google, Yahoo, MSN, Yelp, Wikipedia and various other places-and displays results before you even click? Try it yourself on our search page – click where it says “Say Hello to Search 2.0?” and start typing your query.
- Sokule (pronounced so-cool) is a cool new Twitter-like social network offering some revenue possibilities.
- This is by far the cheapest program on how to become a #1 bestseller that I’ve ever seen. 9 audios, plus support materials and bonuses. I have not personally reviewed the material but I did look at the scope of what it covers, seems like a lot of good info. Again, I haven’t listened-just sharing the information. http://shelhorowitz.com/go/yourbestseller/
Some of the opportunities mentioned pay a commission to Shel. Shel maintains high quality standards for mention in this column, and has either personally vetted the product, experienced previous products of top quality from the provider, or mentions in the write-up that he hasn’t seen it. Many products get turned down if they don’t meet
these criteria. If you’d like to know if a particular program is commissionable, you’re welcome to ask us.